Inside: Spanish resources for Spring. Easter, Movie Guides, Routines to save you time and high-frequency verb units to finish the year strong in Spanish class. Resources for Spanish class in the Spring from Mis Clases Locas.
Spanish Resources to Save You Time This Spring
How are you doing friends? I know this has been a tough school year for everyone and I hope you are finding time for things that bring you JOY. One way I have found I can help is by providing Spanish resources that save your precious time.
All of the memes right now about trying to juggle work with increased burnout and the end of the year far off are spot on. Buying ready-made, teacher-tested resources to save sanity and time is more important now than ever.
Some of my favorite resources to save you time ending the year are below.
Spanish Digital Resources
I have many resources that are created in Google Docs and Slides and can be uploaded and assigned on Google Classroom. I will go into more detail about some categories below.
Para Empezar 2022 Bundle!
My newest 2022 Para Empezar has Google Slides class starters or brain breaks for every day of the year. Start it this year & use it all next school year as well! Or if you just want parts, you can get the individual slides as well.
- NEW weekend chat 2022 – Activity options to start each Monday of class with options of things people could actually do this year.
- NEW Martes del mapa – One video from each Spanish speaking country – geography & culture
- Música miércoles 2022 – Keep the positive traditions and the love of music alive!
- jaja jueves 2022 – Start each class with a novice-level joke in Spanish or assign the whole Google slideshow as authentic reading options.
- baile viernes 2022 – A fun, weekly movement activity in Google Slides.
High-Frequency Verb Units
The number one resource that teachers have told me has saved them hours of planning this school year are units focusing on the Super 7 & Sweet 16 verbs.
- **High-Frequency Verbs Mega Bundle** – resources for every single level you teach at a deal
- Super 7 Original Unit – #1 Mis Clases Locas Unit for years! Use to review the year
- Sweet 16 Original Unit – A great follow up if you started the year with the Super 7
- Imperfect Unit – introduce or review the imperfect
- Preterite Unit – introduce or review the preterite
- Future Bundle – introduce or review the future
Movie Guide Bundle – for end-of-the-year sanity!
Provide options of movies with digital guides for students. This is a great option for a sub or a week-long plan when you just can’t.
Hot Movie Guides right now
- Encanto – Newest Guide – just won the Academy Award for Best Animated Picture!
- Selena – celebrate the 25th anniversary of the film (it is being re-released in select theaters!) &/ Selena’s birthday on April 16th
- EL CAMINO DE XICO &/or PACHAMAMA – both films would be perfect for around Earth Day (Pair them with these upper-level medio ambiente stations for a mini-unit)
- Ferdinand – my favorite end-of-the-year movie for Spanish class!
I know all breaks are different, but if you have Easter Break coming up, check out these no-prep activities before or after the break. Get all of them all together in the Spring Bundle.
No-Prep Pre Easter Break Activities
No-Prep Post Easter Break Activities
Top Bundles to plan ahead
(put in a purchase request!)
- Essential Spanish 1 Bundle – Present Tense
- Essential Spanish 2/3 Bundle – Preterite/Imperfect
- 2022 Para Empezar – class starters for a full year
- Movie Guide Bundle – so many movie guides!
More resources to help this Spring in Spanish Class
- Teaching hybrid? Check out this blog post on my top tips from months of Hybrid teaching.
- Going the distance? what I did in my online zoom classes & Resources for Distance Learning
- Spring Break Chat in Spanish Class
- Spring Bundle
- Earth day in Spanish Class
- Cinco de mayo in Spanish class
Those are my recommendations to save you time this Spring. You can actually get all of these resources for a steal on April 5th-6th using the code FORYOU22. Shop now!
originally posted 4.5.20 by Allison Wienhold – most recently updated 4.4.22