The newest Spanish weekend chat or weekend talk for Spanish class is an Editable Google Slideshow. Spanish Weekend Chat is a great Spanish bell ringer on Monday or after a break that personalizes content to your Spanish students. Spanish Weekend Talk focuses on the preterite tense talking about specific events of the weekend. This bell ringer warm-up could be adapted for all levels including Spanish 1, Spanish 2, Spanish 3, and Spanish 4 as a classroom management routine class starter, or brain break.
- ✅ Editable Google slide show with a total of 45 slides for a Spanish Bell Ringer Warm-Up
- ✅ All editable to be able to differentiate to every level of students you teach
- ✅ A positive way to start every Monday & build classroom community
- ✅ A variety of ways to mix up weekend chat in Spanish class – including reading, speaking & writing
- ✅ A way to connect with students through their interests while staying in Spanish
- ✅ SEL check-in for an in-person class – project on the board as students are entering
- ✅ Prompts that could be used in small groups for students to chat in Spanish
- ✅ Check-in for virtual class – project in the waiting room or Google Classroom or your LMS
Spanish Weekend Chat 2023 Spanish Bell Ringer includes 2 Parts
- 28 Weekend Chat class starter activity slides
- Great to post for the first activity on a Monday as a Spanish Warm Up
- Each slide could be added to your Google Slideshow of the day Monday.
- Bell ringers include a mix of reading, speaking, and writing.
- Pick which slide works best for your class each week
- NEW movement option! – Project & students go to each side of the room if they did/did not do something. Then once at that side, they can chat in Spanish.
- Individual questions, each on their own side to mix it up, or for differentiation
- Project, click through & Discuss with partners &/or class
- Or have students write answers. (then maybe discuss with a partner after)
- Virtual? Students answer questions using flipgrid.
5-star reviews from other teachers for similar Spanish weekend chat resource
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ I really like how easy this was to use. It changed up the questions I usually ask on Mondays. – Melissa (used with grades 9-10)
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Used with students who were virtual. Made Weekend Chat so much easier and gave them the opportunity to “talk” about their activities even though they were not in class. – Jennifer H
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ I love that this resource contains so many questions. Lots of options! An engaging way for students to practice with the preterite without really thinking about it. – Jean Marie (grade 10 Spanish)
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ I love having warmups already made and ready to go. With 6 preps it saves me so much time! – Kristen
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ This is a great resource to focus on past tense and build community in the classroom. Thank you! – Jill E
ACTFL World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages
- ✅ Interpersonal Communication
- ✅ Interpretive Communication
- ✅ Presentational Communication
- ✅ Lifelong Learning – using language for enjoyment
⭐️ Bundle up for the best deal & get NEW Para Empezar for a year bundle 2023 ⭐️
⭐️ Spanish Class Routines for each day for 2023⭐️
- ⭐️ Monday Weekend Chat 2023
- ⭐️ Tuesday martes del mapa 2023
- ⭐️ Wednesday Música miércoles 2023
- ⭐️ Thursday Jaja jueves 2023
- ⭐️ Friday Baile viernes 2023
- Check out my blog to see how I use these activities in class. –
- Sign up for my mailing list to get resources & inspiration delivered to your inbox
Copyright © Mis Clases Locas
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.
There are no reviews yet.