Are you looking for brand new authentic music in Spanish for Música miércoles in 2023? These newly updated music bell ringers are what you want for Spanish class. The culture-filled songs from the past can be adapted for all levels including Spanish 1, Spanish 2, Spanish 3, and Spanish 4 as a classroom management routine. “Música miércoles” is the student’s favorite day of the week. Go beyond Hispanic Heritage Month with Spanish culture all year.
What is included in the brand new Música miércoles 2023?
- ✅ Editable Google Slides with 25 slides of current & authentic music in Spanish
- ✅ A diverse selection of artists & styles of music for Música miércoles 2023
- ✅ Each slide includes the title, artist, nationality, video, 2 questions in Spanish
- ✅ All editable to be able to differentiate to every level of students you teach
- ✅ A positive way to start class & build classroom community
- ✅ A weekly bell ringer for Wednesday including culture & interpretive listening
- ✅ A way to connect with students through pop culture & music
- ✅ An editable slideshow to be projected (does not include any printable for students)
- ✅ BONUS – The original 20 2015 Música miércoles 3 slides are also included, for a total of 45 slides of music. (Both slideshow links are found on the instructions page)
Please note you must have access to the Internet and Youtube to use this product.
⭐️ WHAT IS MÚSICA MIÉRCOLES?
Música miércoles (music Wednesday) is starting class by watching a music video (or lyrics video for those with inappropriate videos) of a current or classic song in Spanish and then answering questions or talking about it in Spanish.
⭐️ WHY DO MÚSICA MIÉRCOLES?
In my first year of teaching, one of my biggest successes was música miércoles. Because of this tradition, many students’ favorite day of the week became Wednesday. Each week students would enter saying “Yeah, we get to listen to music today!” “Whooo, música miércoles!” I think this is because many students enjoy listening to music, and think they get to “waste” class time doing so. What they do not realize is this “waste” has the following benefits for them.
⭐️ BENEFITS OF MÚSICA MIÉRCOLES
- Listening to the Spanish language through song
- Exposing them to new genres and artists of Spanish-speaking music
- Learning the geography of where the artists are from
- Hearing different accents and slang from various parts of the world
- Getting catchy tunes in Spanish stuck in their head
- Cultivating an interest in new music, enough to start their own Spanish Spotify playlist at home
- Bringing up cultural similarities and differences
- Making learning Spanish fun
- Having students excited to come to Spanish class
A Spanish class best seller for years with 35+ 5 ⭐ rave reviews
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ One of the favorite times of the week is música miércoles. My students enjoyed these songs both in class and online. – Marijke C
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Students really enjoy this activity every Wednesday. it has many varieties of musical style so it appeals to many students. Thank you! – Nicole B
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️I love doing these types of activities and this resource saves me a lot of time. – La gata
ACTFL World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages
- ✅ Interpretive Communication – Interpretive Listening
- ✅ Relating Cultural Practices to Perspectives
- ✅ Relating Cultural Products to Perspectives
- ✅ Acquiring Information and Diverse Perspectives
- ✅ Cultural Comparisons
⭐️ Bundle up for the best deal & get NEW Para Empezar for a year bundle 2023 ⭐️
⭐️ More Spanish Class Music Resources you may like ⭐️
⭐️ Spanish Class Routines for each day for 2023⭐️
- ⭐️ Monday Weekend Chat 2023
- ⭐️ Tuesday martes del mapa 2023
- ⭐️ Wednesday Música miércoles 2023
- ⭐️ Thursday Jaja jueves 2023
- ⭐️ Friday Baile viernes 2023
*Please note, typically the songs in a Mis Clases Locas music resources stay the same, with new slideshows coming out regularly. This was one of the OG Spanish music resources created in 2015, so it got a significant upgrade for 2023.
Have difficulty with a file?
- This is a PDF download & the Google Links will be found on the instructions page. Please download, open the instructions & click the link.
- Visit the FAQs section for more help.
- Check out my blog to see how I use these activities in class. – Música miércoles .
- Sign up for my mailing list to get free resources & inspiration in your inbox
Copyright © Mis Clases Locas
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.
There are no reviews yet.