Thanksgiving Spanish Class Ideas – for before or after Thanksgiving
If you want to skip Thanksgiving and instead showcase the diversity of the Indigenous People of the Spanish-speaking world, check out this new music resource. In particular, you could use one song per day or a music bracket for Native American Heritage Month in November.
The included diverse music celebrates the Indigenous People of Latin America. These songs for any Spanish class acknowledge the original people of the land that now speaks Spanish. The majority of the songs are in Spanish from Indigenous musical artists, plus these slides include songs or parts of songs in Emberá, Kaqchikel, Garífuna, Quechua, Tzotzil, Zapoteco, Mapudungun, Tz’utujil, and Nahuatl.
Thanksgiving in Spanish class – Thanksgiving writing prompt
Infographics & Authentic Resources for Thanksgiving in Spanish Class
- 6 Spanish Words for Turkey
- History of Thanksgiving Infographic in Spanish
- Advanced History of Thanksgiving in Spanish Infographic
- Thanksgiving Printable with pictures from Spanish playground
- Ad in Spanish from Queens, NY
- Basic Song in Spanish for Thanksgiving
What are your favorite activities to do around Thanksgiving?