What to do on the first day of Spanish class after Thanksgiving break or after Winter break to practice the preterite tense in Spanish? This is the perfect interpersonal Spanish speaking and writing activity for the first day back from Christmas break. Get Spanish 2, Spanish 3, or Spanish 4 to talk about what they did over the break using the preterite tense.
PDF Spanish class post break Find Someone Who
contains multiple differentiated versions to fit a variety of class needs.
- ✅ Page 1 – Interpersonal questions – yo form provided – most support
- ✅ Page 2 – Writing about friends – support of s/he forms – most support
- ✅ Page 3 – Interpersonal questions – more advanced
- ✅ Page 4 – Writing about friends & self – differentiated support word bank
- ✅ Page 5 – Presentational writing about friends & self – most advanced
This people search or people hunt activity was designed as a Spanish interpersonal communicative activity to get students talking in Spanish class. This Find Someone Who is a great way to review or introduce the preterite tense in upper-level Spanish class. Even if students have had limited exposure to past tense, all forms needed are provided on the easier versions. There is an extension to have students write about what their class did as well.
This post winter break Spanish activity would be great for students who have some Spanish background knowledge such as Spanish 2, Spanish 3, or Spanish 4 to talk about what they did over Winter Break. This is many teachers’ go-to 1st day after a break upper-level Spanish class plan. A stress-free, zero prep first day back of Spanish class, where students build a positive classroom community and get to know each other.
This best selling Spanish class winter activity has 195+ 5 star reviews
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I love these scavenger hunts! My students enjoy them as well. I like how there are two different versions – one with the verb in the yo form provided and the other without. – Senora’s Spanish Store
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I used this resource today after winter break as an ice breaker. Students were so engaged that we used the entire class period, because they wanted to continue speaking with their peers 🙂 Highly recommended! – Vrenlly C
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ absolutely LOVE this “find someone who” activity! Students are challenged to interact in Spanish and then reflect in the writing portion. They love sharing out about what they learned about – Christina Turpin
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Happy to have a speaking/ writing activity for after Thanksgiving break. – SraDavilaMadwid
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ This was a perfect way to come back from Winter break. Gracias for your continued efforts in making all of teaching experiences easier. — Misty J.
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ No sunday scaries here! Easy to use, no prep and great resource for returning from break! Thank you for creating! — Sra T.
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ This was a wonderful review and get back into the past tense verbs. My students really enjoyed and it was totally stress free. Thanks! — Cheryl R.
ACTFL World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages
- ✅ Interpersonal Communication
- ✅ Presentational Communication
⭐ BUNDLE UP FOR THE BEST DEAL! ⭐
⭐Get the Spanish Winter Holidays Bundle for the best deal on all of my Winter resources all together including Para Empezar – Holiday, Digital Post Break Slides, Find Someone Who – post-holiday break, Find Someone Who – PRE holiday break & Los Reyes Magos – reading.
Have difficulty with a file?
- This is a PDF Resource. You will need an updated PDF reader to download it.
- Visit the FAQs section for assistance with this resource.
- Check out my blog to see how I use these activities in class. mixing up Find Someone Who & Winter Holidays in Spanish class
- Sign up for my mailing list to get resources & inspiration delivered to your inbox
- If you would prefer you can get this same Find Someone Who – post-holiday break on TPT instead
Copyright © Mis Clases Locas
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.