I am sorry for being absent this past week. I spent nap time (AKA my free time) watching the entire season one of the Spanish TV series El Internado. I understand the craze now as I am absolutely hooked. I first became interested as I saw so many of the Spanish teachers I follow on Twitter talking about using the show in class and watching it for their personal use. I bought the whole series on Ebay both to watch myself and with the intentions of using it in my Spanish III & IV class next year. As I have been watching it on my laptop, I have also been taking notes, as well as investigating how other teachers have been utilizing the series in class. I thought I would compile the best resources I have found so far. In no particular order here are the seven best resources I have found so far.
Best Resources for teaching with El Internado: Laguna Negra
- Mike Peto’s El Internado resources page – His blog has a gold mine of resources for teaching with El Internado, especially for introducing it to novice levels and going very slow. This page breaks down links to lessons, activities, and suggested previous vocabulary by season and episode.
- Aventuras Nuevas – She has a great blog post describing the show and how she uses it in class. The best part is the link to the awesome unit about Ratoncito Peréz, which goes perfectly with episode 5 of season 1.
- kplacido.com – Kristy was using El Internado way before it suddenly became “cool.” I love the parent permission slip she shares in the comments of this blog post.
- Learning Spanish with El Internado wikispace – A group of Spanish teachers started this great wikispaces with resources sorted by episode. Why reinvent the wheel when others have resources that work?
- Dustin Williamson’s El Internado Page – Here is another blogger who generously shares his resources for using this series in class. They are sorted by episode and include a lot of wonderful reading summaries, as well as a final to use with season 4.
- Los Personajes de El Internado – This is a “Lista” of 20Minutos.es meant to have people vote and rank the characters of the show. It would be a great resource for students to be able to read about each character, as well as they would enjoy the interactive option of voting for their favorites.
- Langcamp Wiki – Getting Started with El Internado – This amazing resource is a compilation of El Internado resources and it is just getting started. The best part is that there are going to be Google+ hangouts this summer discussing and sharing how to use the show in class, talk about relevant PD!
- Teaching Episode 1.1 of El Internado
- El Internado Teaching Episode 2
- El Internado Teaching Episode 3
- El Internado Resources
- Gran Hotel in Spanish Class
- Go! Vive a tu Manera in Spanish class
- Maya y los tres in Spanish class
- 10 Appropriate movies for Spanish class