This Tierra Incógnita season 1 guide is designed for Spanish students while watching the show Tierra Incógnita in Spanish class. The differentiated options mean you could use variations of this one editable Tierra Incógnita guide with all levels of Spanish you teach. Episode 1 of this authentic show in Spanish from Argentina would make a great one-day sub plan for Spanish class. Plus there are now 12 additional editable activities to use with any episode of season 1.
What’s Included in this Editable Tierra Incógnita Guide for Episode 1
- ✅ Page 1 – character description chart and space for character drawings
- ✅ Page 2 – 10 comprehension questions in ENGLISH to fill out while watching + 3 post questions in Spanish OR
- ✅Page 3 – 10 comprehension questions in SPANISH to fill out while watching + 3 post questions in Spanish (Pick which set best fits your class level)
- ✅Page 4 – 2 versions of a matching character identification (could be post-assessment)
- ✅ Answer Keys for all four pages included
What’s Included in Editable Tierra Incógnita Activities for Episodes 2-8 – NEW
- ✅ Sample season 1 of Tierra Incógnita lesson plan
- ✅ 12 Editable Google activities designed to use with any episode of Tierra Incógnita (or edit to fit another show of your choice)
- ✅ 6 During & 6 post-viewing activities that mix it up beyond comprehension questions for the Spanish show.
- ✅ 6 During-watching activities include Basic Character Chart, advanced Character Chart, Vocab Graphic Organizer, Events list – English, Events – Spanish & Graphic Organizer.
- ✅ 6 post-viewing activities include Free Write in Spanish, Ensayo in Spanish, Create a Comic in Spanish, Chat in Spanish – Basic ?s, Chat in Spanish – Advanced ?s & Write about Chat extension.
- ✅ Bonus Tierra Incógnita Activities
More about Tierra Incógnita for Spanish class
- ✅ Tierra Incógnita is a fictional, Spanish-language thriller program based in Argentina, originally created in Spanish and available on Disney+.
- ✅ Tierra Incógnita would be appropriate for grades 7-12 Spanish students.
- ✅ The episode 1 resource could be a great sub plan, treat, or teaser around Halloween to get students to go home and watch more on their own.
- ✅ The additional resources for later episodes are differentiated to fit a variety of levels of Spanish. You can pick & choose what works for you.
- ✅ This show would work well with a Spanish legends unit, for Hispanic Heritage Month, or in October as an appropriate spooky show for Halloween.
- ✅ A series that you could show each Friday in secondary Spanish. There are eight total episodes so far that are each about 30-35 minutes long.
What audio and subtitles to use for the show Tierra Incógnita?
On Disney+, you can change both the audio and subtitles as needed. As always, choose what works best for your school & classes. Here is what I would personally do:
- ✅ Spanish audio & Spanish subtitles – upper-level students
- ✅ Spanish audio & English subtitles – novice-level students
- ✅ English audio – exploratory Spanish or culture class
This Spanish TV program activity is an editable Google Drive resource!
5 Star ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Reviews for this Tierra Incógnita season 1 guide
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Loved the suggestion of this series and the materials created to accompany it! My students are loving watching an episode every Friday and this resource gives just enough content to make it more valuable without weighing them down with too much to do! – Julie W (used with 11th grade Spanish)
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Allison’s resources are always super helpful. I had first heard of Tierra Incógnita from her and my students have been pretty engaged and into the show! It’s tough to find a show in Spanish that’s not too childish (Go! Vive a tu manera) or too adult (Élite). But Tierra Incógnita is a good balance between and perfect for every level. This season guide is awesome to use and keeps students accountable while they watch an episode. I love the different types of questions to switch things up! – Kimberly C (9th-12th grade)
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ We are watching this series currently and this resource is extremely versatile! I used a sheet for each episode for the first couple until I realized the students were so engrossed in the series that they stopped focusing on the paper. There were ideas in here to do after the episodes so we are doing that instead so they can just watch. – Alissa D (12th grade Spanish)
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Thank you again! My students LOVED watching the show and are begging for more! – Nicole B (used with 12th grade Spanish IV)
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ This is a great show, and the packet is awesome! It makes learning these very basic skills a lot more engaging. Thanks a ton!
ACTFL World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages
- ✅ Interpretive Communication
- ✅ Presentational Communication
- ✅ Relating Cultural Products to Perspectives
- ✅ Acquiring Information and Diverse Perspectives
- ✅ Cultural Comparisons
Have difficulty with a file?
- You will download a PDF of the instructions. There are multiple editable Google Docs linked in the INSTRUCTIONS download. If the links are not clickable, please update your PDF reader or try using a non-school Gmail account.
- Visit FAQs & Support for more support
- For more information & bonus activities for Tierra Incógnita (including character intro slides) check out my blog + Teaching TV Shows in Spanish Class
Copyright © Mis Clases Locas
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.
There are no reviews yet.