These are interpersonal speaking activities to talk about any novel in Spanish class. These activities were designed as communicative tasks to discuss a novel. These Spanish post-reading task cards would be great for Spanish 2, Spanish 3, or Spanish 4 to talk about a novel they finished. These questions could also be used as a summative assessment of a novel or while doing lit circles in Spanish class. There are two sets of questions for a variety of levels of Spanish students.
What’s included in these Spanish Novel Conversation Cards?
- ✅ Five versions of question cards to discuss novels in Spanish
- ✅ Version 1 – 8 questions per page – questions I would use in level 2 (for pairs)
- ✅ Version 2 – 8 questions per page – more complex questions – Spanish 3 or 4.
- ✅ Version 3 – 4 questions per page of easier questions (for small group chatting)
- ✅ Version 4 – 4 questions per page of harder questions (for small group chatting)
- ✅ Version 5 – 2 questions per page of easier questions, perfect for posting for student discussion. (post on the board, outside, or around the school to chat at a distance!)
- ✅ There is an optional extension to have students write about the novel as well
- ✅ All versions are in PDF form & printer-friendly with low ink needed.
Ways these question cards can save you if have them printed & ready to go
- ⭐️ No-prep activity to discuss any novel
- ⭐️ Use as a sub-plan while you are teaching a novel
- ⭐️ Use on a day when the teacher does not have a voice or much energy
- ⭐️ Pull out these question cards for fast-finishers as an extension or time filler
- ⭐️ Use the novel question cards as a no-prep whole novel review activity
- ⭐️ Use the question cards to help support and differentiate DURING an interpersonal speaking assessment.
5-star reviews for these Spanish novel study task cards
- ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ Life saving resource! Very easy to use and takes the pressure off the teacher. – Senora Jota Jota
- ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ I printed and cut out these cards, and used them as a station during our class novel. The students enjoyed reading the cards and answering them. It lead to a lot of interesting conversation and kept them engaged. – Elizabeth
- ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ I appreciated the different levels included in this resource so I can use it with my upper and lower levels of Spanish. I’m also going to use some of these cards to discuss our Spanish TV dramas as well! – Jessica W
- ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ love that I can use these with lots of different books – Katelin F
- ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ So helpful for an end of novel interpersonal assessment. Students could use the questions if they needed support coming up with questions
- ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ These question cards were a HUGE time saver as I changed up some “end of the novel” assessments this year. I appreciated that the questions can apply to any text, so I will get lots of use out of these in the future! – Megan D
- ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ Thank you for this resource! I can see this as a great station activity, small group, or large class. I look forward to using it! – Sarah
ACTFL World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages
- ✅ Interpersonal Communication – Learners interact and negotiate meaning in spoken conversations to share information, reactions, feelings, and opinions.
Bundle up for the best deal on Spanish Conversation Cards!
⭐ Spanish Conversation Cards Bundle
Other Novel resources you may enjoy
Have difficulty with a file?
- This is a PDF Download. Make sure you have an updated PDF reader.
- Visit the FAQs section for support
- For more information, read all of my posts about teaching with novels. Activities for Spanish class novels
- Sign up for my mailing list to get free resources and inspiration delivered right to your inbox
- Collaborate with me on Instagram (Take pictures using this resource and tag me!)
Copyright © Mis Clases Locas
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.
There are no reviews yet.