Do you want to try a literature circle unit in Spanish class using Spanish novels? This editable Google upper-level Spanish Lit Circle unit includes everything you need to teach a literature circle in late Spanish 2, Spanish 3, or Spanish 4 over any novels in Spanish. This Spanish literature circle unit combines differentiated instruction through both formative and summative interpretive reading, interpersonal speaking, and presentational writing/speaking in Spanish.
The Literature Unit for Spanish class novels includes:
- ✅ Google Drive Folder with all of the below items in editable Google documents.
- ✅ Directions to the teacher on how to use lit circles in Spanish class
- ✅ Sample book choice slideshow & voting forms
- ✅ Editable Lit Circle Calendar for students
- ✅ Instructions for Students for literature circles
- ✅ Discussion Questions for any novel in Spanish
- ✅ 5 Weekly interpersonal speaking prompts (in Spanish)
- ✅ 5 Weekly writing prompts (with writing forms in Spanish)
- ✅ Final Writing Assessment (In Spanish)
- ✅ 20 Slide Editable Google Lit Circle Unit Slideshow with daily instructions
- ✅ Differentiated instruction through both formative and summative interpretive reading, interpersonal speaking, and presentational writing/speaking in Spanish.
- ✅ A 3-4 week lit circle unit in upper-level Spanish classes (Depending on how fast you want to move & level of students)
Make this Spanish Lit Circle Unit work for you!
If you do not have enough novels for a class set and have a few sets of multiple novels in Spanish, literature circles are your Spanish class answer.
This is a great way for upper-level Spanish students to collaborate in Spanish. It is a student-centered unit, with the teacher more as a floating support and guide to each group. It works best later in the year. Students gain leadership skills by planning their reading and discussing with each other. Formative assessments are included to check their understanding and give feedback, as well as final assessments.
This unit could be completed in person, hybrid, or virtual using Google Classroom or your own LMS. If virtual, you would want to use Flipgrid or break-out rooms to get students chatting in Spanish.
For this unit, you will need enough books for each student to have one. Ideally, you could have about 4-5 copies of each book. So for a class of 30 students, you would want 5 copies of 6 different books. This is an easy way to differentiate options of higher-level books, as well as lower-level books to build confidence with readers who are not as strong. When in doubt, pick easier novels for this unit, since it will be more student-led, instead of all class discussion. Check out my blog for novel ideas, or send me an email if you want suggestions.
This best-selling Spanish class Lit Circle Unit has 100+ 5 star reviews
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ This made planning book clubs with my Spanish III students so easy. I couldn’t believe how much Spanish my students were producing during these activities. I am so grateful for these resources and the instructions available on the Mis Clases Locas blog. – Sarah M
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ I really appreciate having all this work to guide my students’ lit circles. It was so helpful to not come up with everything on my own! Great purchase! – Karrie A
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ So well structured, engaging, and easy to use. I especially appreciated the pacing calendar! – Karisa T
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ I just invested a ton of my own money on a rich classroom bank of readers. THIS resource is a fabulous compliment to what I already do for novel studies and makes organization and flow smoooooth! – Christianna
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ I have never taught a grade 12 Spanish class before so I am excited to try this new resource. It gives me a great starting point and going through the material gives me more confidence, let’s see how it goes!! – Leanne P
ACTFL World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages
- ✅ Interpersonal Communication
- ✅ Presentational Communication
- ✅ Interpretive Communication
+ Many more depending on what books you choose & the culture involved
⭐️ Bundle & save for a discount ⭐️
Other Novel resources you may enjoy
Have difficulty with a file?
- The Google resources will be found linked in the PDF download.
- Visit the FAQs section for more support.
- Check out my blog to see how I use these activities in class. – Lit Circles
- Sign up for my mailing list to get resources & inspiration delivered right to your inbox!
Copyright © Mis Clases Locas
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.
There are no reviews yet.