Are you looking for an engaging activity for el medio ambiente in your Spanish class with authentic resources? This editable Google activity was designed to introduce the environment and Costa Rica and would be perfect for Earth Day in Spanish class. It makes a great digital sub-plan for upper-level Spanish classes too.
Editable Medio Ambiente Cultural Stations Google Doc Includes
- ✅ Interpretive Communication – authentic Reading & Listening in Spanish
- ✅ Presentations Communication – Writing in Spanish
- ✅ Interpersonal Communication – Speaking about a slideshow of authentic Realia
- ✅ Geography of Costa Rica
- ✅ An editable Google Doc that can be assigned digitally for a paperless class
- ✅ A printable activity that can be used in traditional in-person stations
This activity would be perfect before reading the novels Robo en la noche or Noche de Oro by Kristy Placido or Bananas by Carrie Toth. It would also go with Avancemos 3 Unit 3.1 & 3.2 or be perfect for Earth day in Spanish class. It was created for Spanish 2, Spanish 3, or Spanish 4 students and would make a great digital, sub-plan for upper-level Spanish class. Variations of this activity work well virtual, hybrid, or face to face. I have personally used this activity in all three scenarios, as well as a sub-plan depending on the current situation.
You will need internet access for parts of the activity. The medio ambiete stations can be completed completely online through Google Classroom or your LSM if you have 1:1 technology or are virtual. Or the resources could be printed and used in a traditional, in-person station rotation around the classroom.
For Digital completion
- Please click “make a copy” to create your own master to edit. You may assign on password-protected LMS like Google Classroom & click “make a copy”& each student will get their own unique document to work on.
- If students are completing fully online, you might want them to use Flipgrid, record a video, or use break-out rooms on Zoom to do the speaking portion.
Please note, you will need to check your Wifi filters in advance to see if students can access the authentic readings on websites and Youtube videos. There are extra options provided in case some are blocked by your school.
Best Selling Medio Ambiente Spanish Resource with 160+ 5 star reviews!
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐I am thankful for resources like these that make learning a new concept engaging! We used these resources as an intro to Robo en la Noche and it worked great 🙂 Thank you! – Lindsay P.
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ We did this activity after reading the Fluency Matters novel Bananas and as an intro to a unit on “el medio ambiente.” Great set of stations that incorporates several modes of communication! – Jessica W.
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Such a great resource to use with my Spanish 3 class as we talk about environmental issues as well as Costa Rica so this couldn’t have been better. The students liked the stations and I liked the organization of the activity. So glad I purchased it and will continue to use it in future years. – Elizabeth D.
ACTFL World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages
- ✅ Interpretive Communication
- ✅ Presentational Communication
- ✅ Interpersonal Communication
- ✅ Relating Cultural Practices to Perspectives
- ✅ Relating Cultural Products to Perspectives
- ✅ Acquiring Information and Diverse Perspectives
- ✅ Cultural Comparisons
Other End of the Year Spanish Class Resources
- ⭐️ Last Day of School Spanish Worksheet este verano
- ⭐️ Spanish 1 Sub Plans End of the Year Culture Project
- ⭐️ Spanish Movie Guides Bundle
Have difficulty with a file?
- These are Google Resources, which will be found as links in the PDF resource.
- Visit the FAQs section if you need more help.
- Check out my blog to see how I use these activities in class. – Introducing Robo en la Noche with Stations & Earth day in Spanish Class – El medio ambiente
- Sign up for my mailing list to get resources & inspiration delivered to your inbox
Copyright © Mis Clases Locas
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.