Start your novice Spanish 2 class with units focusing on the Spanish present Sweet 16 high frequency verbs (le da, le dice, hace, puede, pone, sabe, sale, trae, ve, oye, viene). Set a foundation for communication in Spanish class with comprehensible input and acquisition driven instruction focusing on the Spanish Sweet 16 verbs.
(es, tiene, está, va a, quiere are found in the Super 7 unit).
This Sweet 16 Spanish Bundle includes the resources.
See below for more details
- High Frequency Verbs Unit – Sweet 16 – present. (with in person handouts and resources, all in Google)
- distance learning version of high frequency SUPER 16 unit (all online Google Slides for distance or hybrid learning when needed)
- Find Someone Who – Sweet 16 – novice Spanish. (PDF for in class speaking activity, which using the TPT Digital tool can be assigned online as well)
This unit is designed as the 2nd present tense high frequency verb unit after the Super 7 unit 1.
The original Sweet 16 Spanish class unit includes:
- – A possible unit plan lasting up to 2 weeks
- – A 46 page Editable Google Slideshow with personalized questions, 11 brain break songs (one for each verb) with embedded videos and a mini story.
- – An open ended free write quiz
- – A student help sheet with each question in Spanish, English, 1st person response, and 3rd person description
- – An optional guided notes sheet (great for accommodations)
- – A story asking script & extension activity idea
- **Bonus – now includes storytelling videos & quizlets over the whole unit
- All of the above are editable Google documents.
The Digital Editable Google Slides Spanish Sweet 16 unit includes:
- – 3 possible unit plans w/ up to 5 weeks w/ 15-30 mins of distance learning per day, with both synchronous and asynchronous digital learning options).
- – A 112 page Google slideshow that is fully editable and able to share with students on Google Classroom.
- – 11 slides of vocabulary (one for each verb)
- – 29 slides of personalized questions using the high frequency verbs. There are 2-3 questions per verb, spread out each on a slide by request. (These could be used in synchronous special person interviews or asynchronous Flipgrid).
- – 7 slides of bonus video comprehensible story or authentic song videos with optional extensions
- – 11 authentic songs (one for each verb) with embedded videos & extension activity for listening practice.
- – 33 authentic jokes (3 for each verb) for reading practice
- – 11 open ended free writes (one for each verb)
- – A comprehensible story, story script, mad lib version & extension activity idea
- – 4 extra Quizlets to review the whole unit with all vocab, questions/answers practice & questions/translation practice.
- – Overall assessment ideas
- This is an editable Google Slideshow.
The Sweet 16 PDF Find Someone Who REVIEW
contains multiple differentiated versions to fit a variety of class needs.
- Page 1 – questions with yo form of the answer provided – most basic
- Page 2 – write about friends with the support of s/he forms included – most basic
- Page 3 – questions (without yo form)
- Page 4 – write about friends & self with the support of a word bank
- Page 5 – write about friends & self – most advanced
A best selling Spanish Sweet 16 Bundle
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ This was so well laid out and planned. Not sure I could have done a better job. Thanks so much for all your work. Very engaging with both in class learners as well as virtuals. – Laura E (used with 9th-11th grades)
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ This was a great resource to get my students acquainted with the most commonly used verbs in Spanish. ¡Gracias! – Amanda G (used with 8th-9th grades)
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Such an amazing resource for teaching high frequency verbs! – Heather F
ACTFL World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages
- ✅ Interpersonal Communication – Learners interact and negotiate meaning in spoken conversations to share information, reactions, feelings, and opinions.
- ✅ Presentational Communication – Learners present information, concepts, and ideas to inform, explain, persuade, and narrate on a variety of topics.
- ✅ Interpretive Communication – Learners understand, interpret, and analyze what is heard, read, or viewed on a variety of topics.
Bundle up for the best deals possible!
Get this Hybrid Sweet 16 Bundle for the best deal on all of my present tense Sweet 16 resources all together including Sweet 16 – present original unit, plus this Digital PRESENT unit – Sweet 16 great for distance or paperless learning, and Find Someone Who – Sweet 16 review activity to prepare for assessments.
You might also like these other Super 7 Spanish High-Frequency Spanish Verb Bundles
- ⭐ Super 7 Present Tense Spanish BUNDLE
- ⭐ Spanish PRETERITE tense BUNDLE
- ⭐ Spanish IMPERFECT Tense Bundle
- ⭐ Spanish Future Tense BUNDLE
Have difficulty with a file?
- This is a mix of PDF & Google Resources.
- This is a Google Resource & will be found linked in the instructions page of the PDF.
- The Find Someone Whos are PDF. You will need an updated PDF reader to open them
- Visit the FAQs section for more support
- Follow my TPT store to see more!
- For more information check out my blog – How to Use High Frequency Verb Units & Present Tense in Spanish Class
- Sign up for my mailing list to get free resources and inspiration delivered right to your inbox
Copyright © Mis Clases Locas
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.