Saturday, June 9th I will be presenting at 9am at The Comprehensible Iowa Conference in Nevada, Iowa. For those of you who are able to attend, here is where you will find the slideshow I shared, with embedded links to ideas I talk about. For those of you who are not able to make it, the resources are also available to you to check out as well. You can find my Embedded presentation on this page.
Wany to learn more about teaching with novels?
Before you start…
- Research & Find Funding for novels in Spanish class
- Organize your novels
- 5 Tips for Teaching with Novels
- How to teach your 1st novel
- Teaching a Novel 101 – SSS
Teaching Whole-Class Novels
- how to teach a novel – a typical day.
- 20 activities for teaching with novels.
- post-reading ideas
- Mix it Up! Reading TPRS novels as a class
- Spice up your novel
- How to Assess a Novel
Other Ways to Teach with Novels
Ideas for specific Whole-Class Novels
(Sorted from easiest to hardest)
- El capibara con botas.
- Brandon Brown quiere un perro.
- Peter va a Colombia.
- El Silbón de Venezuela.
- El Ekeko.
- Fiesta Fatal.
- Bianca Nieves
- Robo en la Noche
- Noche de Oro.
- Felipe Alou
- Frida Kahlo.
- Problemas en Paraíso.
- La Llorona de Mazatlán
- Vidas Impactantes.
- Vida y Muerte en la Mara Salvatrucha.
- La Calaca Alegre.
- Cajas de Cartón