This editable Pelotero movie guide is designed for Spanish students while watching the film Pelotero (Ballplayer) in Spanish class. The documentary Ballplayer would be the perfect complement to a study of the deportes/ sports unit in Spanish class, Afro-Latinx, Black History Month, and the Dominican Republic, or to complement the book Felipe Alou from Fluency Matters/ Wayside Publishing.
English Pelotero Movie Guide – 3 pages all Google Editable
- ✅ Page 1 – 2 main characters of Pelotero comparison chart in English
- ✅ Page 2 – 15 comprehension questions in ENGLISH + 2 post-viewing in Spanish
- ✅ Page 3 – 10 character identification in English – 2 versions (could be assessment)
Spanish Pelotero Movie Guide – 3 pages all Google Editable
- ✅ Page 1 – Jean Carlos Batista o Miguel Angel Sanó comparison chart in Spanish
- ✅ Page 2 – 15 comprehension questions in SPANISH + 2 post-viewing in Spanish
- ✅ Page 3 – 10 character identification in Spanish – 2 versions (could be assessment)
✅ Movie guide Keys for all six pages of the Pelotero Guide included
⭐ Where to find Pelotero (Ballplayer)?
- The documentary Pelotero can be purchased on Youtube, Amazon, or on DVD. Check your local public library for a free rental!
- It has a run time of 117 minutes – great for a sub plan for 2 typical class periods.
⭐ What is Pelotero rated & what ages is it appropriate for?
- The documentary Pelotero is not rated, but I would say it is PG. I have personally used the film Ballplayer 6+ times with grades 9-12. I would say the interest & appropriation level to grades 7-12 & I would not use it for younger than that.
- There are a couple of profanity words used & I have noted the time stamp in the teacher’s instructions if you want to skip them.
- The documentary Pelotero would be perfect for Spanish 1, Spanish 2, Spanish 3, Spanish 4, exploratory Spanish, or a Latin American culture class. The differentiated options mean you could use variations of this one Pelotero guide with all levels you teach.
⭐ What audio and subtitles should I use for Pelotero?
- For most versions, I have found of this film the audio is in a mix of Spanish & English with English subtitles already included. Even with upper levels, I would keep the subtitles with this particular film due to heavy accents and lots of slang.
⭐ Center on Black & Brown voices in your Spanish class
- Pelotero would be a great movie to show during Black History Month to focus on the accomplishments of Afro-Latinos from the Dominican Republic or to complement the study of Afro-Latinx people in Spanish class all year.
This is an editable Google Drive resource!
What other teachers say about similar Mis Clases Locas movie guides
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Mis Clases Locas is my go-to resource when I decide to play a movie. All of her movie guides have the same format & my students know what is expected so we can get rolling right away. The format is straightforward & EDITABLE. – Courtney J
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ At first I was nervous about using this resource because I’d never used Google to present info, but this was super simple to use! The questions were well thought out and easy for my students to grasp. I purchased this yesterday and used it today. – Deidre L (Grades 10-11)
ACTFL World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages
- ✅ Interpretive Communication
- ✅ Presentational Communication
- ✅ Relating Cultural Practices to Perspectives
- ✅ Relating Cultural Products to Perspectives
- ✅ Acquiring Information and Diverse Perspectives
- ✅ Cultural Comparisons
⭐ Bundle up! For the best deal get the Movie Guide Bundle for Spanish Class
Other Spanish movie guides you would enjoy as well
- ⭐ Selena (another appropriate real people movie)
- ⭐ Vivo (also focuses on Afro-Latinx people)
- ⭐ Tierra Incógnita Season 1 Spanish class guide
Have difficulty with a file?
- You will find links to the Google Drive resources on the instructions page of the PDF Download
- Visit FAQs & Support for more support
- Read the blog post – Pelotero in Spanish class for more teaching ideas & bonus resources to complement this guide. + Black History Month in Spanish class
Copyright © Mis Clases Locas
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.
There are no reviews yet.