Introduce the IMPERFECT tense in Spanish class with an Editable Google el imperfecto Unit. Focusing on Cuando Era Niño using the High Frequency Super 7 Imperfect verbs in Spanish (era, tenía, le gustaba, había, estaba, iba a, quería) with an Imperfect tense unit about Childhood in Spanish.
⭐ Bundle up to save! Get the IMPERFECT Bundle for this original Imperfect unit, plus digital imperfect unit & review activities.
This is the perfect first unit of the year for back to school in Spanish 3 or Spanish 4 as a review of the Spanish imperfect tense, or for Spanish 2 to introduce the IMPERFECT tense in a unit about Childhood or Cuando Era Niño using comprehensible input methods.
This original IMPERFECT tense Spanish unit includes:
- ✅ All Editable Google documents in a Google Folder
- ✅ Possible unit plan lasting up to 2 weeks about el imperfecto
- ✅ 40 pages Editable Google slideshow
- ✅ 19 persona especial questions about Childhood in Spanish using el imperfecto
- ✅ 7 brain break songs (one for each verb in el imperfecto)
- ✅ Open-ended free-write quiz
- ✅ Student help sheet Google Doc with each question in Spanish, English, 1st person response, and 3rd person description
- ✅ Optional Google Doc guided notes sheet (great for accommodations)
- ✅ story asking script & extension activity idea using el imperfecto
- ✅ Poster of personalized question
- ✅ BONUS 10 Quizlet sets to practice Spanish Imperfect tense are now included as well!!
+NEW BONUS! – Self-Checking EASEL review activity for 4 Imperfect Verbs
The heart of this unit are ADI/CI based special person student interviews, focusing on these 7 verbs in el imperfecto in Spanish. This past tense Spanish unit could be used as its own comprehensible input mini-unit over the course of a couple of weeks, or as a class routine that is spread out and done the whole school year as a class starter.
What are the Super 7 Verbs in Spanish?
- ✅ ser
- ✅ tener
- ✅ gustar
- ✅ hay
- ✅ estar
- ✅ ir
- ✅ querer
If you want to teach the imperfect past tense, using comprehensible input, this unit is for you. *Please note this is not a grammar-based unit & does not include a grammar presentation or textbook-style conjugation exercises. Instead, it includes repetitions of these imperfect verbs in context.
This IMPERFECT tense Spanish unit could be used as its own comprehensible input mini-unit over the course of a couple of weeks, or as a class routine that is spread out and done over months. This would work well to complement a unit talking about childhood in the imperfect tense, to review the past tense, or to start out in upper-level class as a community-building routine.
Imperfect Tense Spanish Unit Best Seller with 45+ 5 star reviews
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ This is such an awesome resource! Love that included a whole unit plan. As a teacher working on moving from traditional to CI approaches, this was an awesome jump start! – Hannah S
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ These high frequency verb units are always packed with wonderful ideas and resources. I specifically chose this one for the Special Person Interview Imperfect version! It has been great! – Sarah
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ This is a great way to introduce the past tense to students so it’s not as overwhelming just giving them all the conjugation rules. – Heather F
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I used your present tense set with great success and am looking forward to using this one (after I expand it to the sweet 16). Thank you for your work to develop a student/learner friendly intro to the past! – Sarah W
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ This material was good for providing conversation topics – the class got to know each other better while getting more familiar with the imperfect tense as well.
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ My students love the special person interviews! This unit is fantastic for introducing the imperfect tense. Gracias!
ACTFL World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages
- ✅ Interpersonal Communication – Learners interact and negotiate meaning in spoken conversations to share information, reactions, feelings, and opinions.
- ✅ Presentational Communication – Learners present information, concepts, and ideas to inform, explain, persuade, and narrate on a variety of topics.
- ✅ Interpretive Communication – Learners understand, interpret, and analyze what is heard, read, or viewed on a variety of topics.
Bundle up for the best deals possible!
⭐ Get the IMPERFECT Bundle for the best deal on all of my imperfect tense Super 7 resources all together including this original Imperfect Tense unit plus Digital IMPERFECT unit great for distance or paperless learning, and these reviews activities Imperfect Google Slides Review Activity & Find Someone Who – Imperfect Super 7. Use these to prepare for assessments, or spiral review these important verbs all year long.
⭐ Or if you teach multiple levels of Spanish, the best deal is the High-Frequency Verbs MEGA BUNDLE which includes every single Super 7 and Sweet 16 Spanish resource in every tense including, these original units Super 7 Present, Sweet 16 – present, Imperfect Tense, Preterite Tense & Future Tense, plus all digital version and accompanying review activities.
Have difficulty with a file?
- This is a Google Resource & will be found linked in the instructions page of the PDF.
- Visit the FAQs section for more support
- For more information check out my blog Mis Clases Locas & Blog post – How to Use High Frequency Verb Units & Teaching El Imperfecto
- Sign up for my mailing list to get resources & inspiration delivered right to your inbox
Copyright © Mis Clases Locas
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.