Here is everything you need to teach about Winter Holidays in Spanish class. This Spanish class Navidad bundle could be adapted for any level you teach including middle school Spanish, Spanish 1, Spanish 2, or Spanish 3. Get students chatting in Spanish about a variety of winter celebrations in Spanish class.
This Spanish Class Winter Bundle Includes
- ✅ El Invierno Editable Google slideshow – class starters for 3 weeks
- ✅ Find Someone Who interpersonal activity for pre-break
- ✅ Find Someone Who interpersonal activity for post-break
- ✅ Digital Google Slideshow as a post-break weekend chat digital option
- ✅ short reading for Los 3 Reyes in Spanish Class (6 de enero)
- ✅ Thanksgiving Writing Prompt
This Spanish Winter Bundle Bundle includes the following resources
These cultural bell ringers or brain breaks for Spanish class are perfect for the time around December or January to honor the winter holidays. There are culture-filled songs, memes, videos, and realia that can be adapted for all levels. It includes 3 weeks of activities or 15 slides of different activities for each day.
It is the perfect one-day activity before winter break. It is a great way to review or introduce the Spanish informal future tense (ir + a + infinitive). There is an extension to have students write about what their class will do as well.
What to do on the first day of Spanish class after Thanksgiving break or Winter break? This is the perfect interpersonal Spanish activity for the first day back from Christmas break Spanish 2, Spanish 3, or Spanish 4 to talk about the break using the preterite tense.
A fully editable Google Slides Activity for Post Winter Break for Hybrid or Virtual learning. Or a paperless option that includes reading, speaking, and writing in Spanish about the break in the preterite tense.
A great one-day interpretive reading activity in Spanish the day before or after Winter Break. Three Kings Day is celebrated on January 6th in many Spanish-speaking countries. Bring some culture to your Spanish class around Winter break.
**Please note, this is not a complete and sequential unit, but rather all together it contains materials that could fill a week of 45-minute class periods.
What Spanish teachers say about the Spanish class Winter Holiday bundle
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ There are so many great resources here. It helped with the holidays craziness & focused the students on learning about culture & was engaging. – Sarah W
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ These activities are perfect for the days leading up to winter break as well as debriefing after the break. These activities encourage authentic communication in the target language. I will definitely be using these each year.- 10th-12th grade Spanish teacher
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I started using your (Winter) Para Empezar slides in my classes this year. They’re great! I don’t know how I’ve lived without them! I highly recommend these! – Angelina
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Looking forward to using this this year. I have used your activities similar to these, so I can confidently say that they are quality and engaging activities. Gracias! — Erin W.
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I’m geared up to use these resources with my students this week! The Find Someone Who is always a hit and I can’t wait to do the 3 kings Day reading. Your resources are always great and I love seeing my students actively engaged! – Kathy K
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I think this is a great way to work in some holiday cheer and info while being short on time. – Christina H
ACTFL World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages
- ✅ Interpretive Communication
- ✅ Interpersonal Communication
- ✅ Presentational Communication
- ✅ Relating Cultural Practices to Perspectives
- ✅ Relating Cultural Products to Perspectives
- ✅ Acquiring Information and Diverse Perspectives
- ✅ Cultural Comparisons
⭐ BUNDLE UP FOR THE BEST DEAL! ⭐
⭐Get this Spanish Winter Holidays Bundle for the best deal on all of my Winter resources all together including Para Empezar – Holiday, Digital Post Break Slides, Find Someone Who – post-holiday break, Find Someone Who – PRE holiday break & Los Reyes Magos – reading.
Have difficulty with a file?
- These are PDF Resources. You will need an updated PDF reader to download them. If there is a Google version included you will find a link in each resource on the instructions page.
- Visit the FAQs section for assistance with this resource.
- Check out my blog to see how I use these activities in class. Winter Holidays in Spanish class
- Sign up for my mailing list to get resources & inspiration delivered to your inbox
- If you prefer, you can get this same Winter Holidays Bundle on TPT
Copyright © Mis Clases Locas
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.