Do you need the first day of Spanish class activity for Spanish 2? This basic Spanish Weekend Chat Find Someone Who people search or people hunt activity was designed as an interpersonal communicative activity to get Spanish students talking using the preterite of ir and verbs fui, fuiste and fue.
1st day of Spanish 2 PDF Find Someone Who
contains multiple differentiated versions to fit a variety of class needs.
- ⭐Page 1 – questions with yo form of the answer provided – most basic
- ⭐Page 2 – write about friends with the support of s/he forms included – most basic
- ⭐Page 3 – questions (without yo form)
- ⭐Page 4 – write about friends & self – most advanced
- ⭐Page 5 – questions template – students create their own
This FSW is the perfect one-day activity introduction to the preterite tense. It is a great way to review or introduce the verb ir in the preterite. Even if students have had limited exposure to past tense, all forms needed are provided on the easier version. There is an extension to have students write about what their class will do as well.
This Find Someone Who people search or people hunt activity was designed as an interpersonal communicative activity to get Spanish students talking on a Monday using the Preterite. It would be great for students who have some Spanish background knowledge such as Spanish 2, Spanish 3, or Spanish 4 to talk about what they did over the weekend using only the verb ir.
Some ideas to make this Find Someone Who virtual friendly:
- Click Print and then save as PDF with the pages you want to use digitally and share with students.
- Email to students and have them call, snap, email, message each other in Spanish to ask the questions if you do not meet as a group. This will encourage them to connect with each other in Spanish. Or they could ask people they live with as well.
- In a zoom class, use the break-out rooms to have students ask each other the questions in small groups.
- In a group class zoom or meet, project the grid & call on students, or have them raise their hand to respond to one question.
- Have students use Flipgrid to ask & answer the questions.
Some ideas to make this Find Someone Who social distance friendly
- Do the paper FSW activity outside.
- Interview a partner using Plexiglas.
- Instead of having other people sign the form, have each student just write the name of the person who said yes instead.
- Instead of interviewing the whole class, just work with a partner or small group with masks on.
This resource is PDF only.
What other teachers say about this 1st day of Spanish 2 Weekend Chat resource
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ These are always great activities that help my students practice speaking while moving around the room. I used this to practice places around town and the past tense fuiste/fui. – Shari (7th grade teacher)
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ We used this on the first day back after break and it was a great way to get students speaking Spanish again. – Tammy D (9th-12th grade teacher)
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Love using this activity for a low prep day. Love to have them talking on the first day that they are back from a break. – Maria G
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Thank you for making the first week back from break easier for me! – Christina P
ACTFL World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages
- ✅ Interpersonal Communication
- ✅ Presentational Communication
Another resource to introduce the past tense of ir
Other Weekend Chat Resources You Might Like
Have difficulty with a file?
- The Find Someone Who is PDF. You will need an updated PDF reader to open it.
- Visit the FAQs section for more support
- Check out my blog to see how I use these activities in class. Read this blog post about mixing up Find Someone Who for more ideas for using this activity face to face, hybrid, and or virtual both on paper and digital.
- Sign up for my mailing list to get resources and inspiration delivered right to your inbox
Copyright © Mis Clases Locas
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.