This Spanish Afro-Latinx music editable Google Slides music bell ringers or brain breaks for Spanish class is perfect for any time of the year in Spanish class to showcase the diversity of the Spanish-speaking world. In particular, you could use one Afro-Latino music song per day or a music bracket for Black History Month or Hispanic Heritage Month.
There are culture-filled songs from Afro-Latino artists that can be adapted for all levels including Spanish 1, Spanish 2, Spanish 3, Spanish 4 & Exploratory Spanish as a classroom management routine class starter or brain break in Spanish class.
This Afro-Latinx Music resource for Spanish class includes
- ✅ 22 NEW Editable Google slides of different songs authentic songs in Spanish
- ✅ Diverse songs in Spanish featuring Afro-Latinx artists for each day of school during Black History Month, Hispanic Heritage Month, a music bracket, or weekly songs all year for música miércoles.
- ✅ Each Afro-Latino music slide includes the title, artist, nationality, music genre, link to the video, and country with map.
- ✅ Instructions to the teacher on multiple ways to use this Spanish resource
- ✅ YouTube playlist of the Afro-Latinx songs for Spanish class
- ✅ Plus the original 22 Google slides of Afro-Latino music from 2019 are included as a bonus
Please note you must have access to Youtube to play the songs. They can be used as a quick 5-minute bell ringer as a classroom management routine or expanded on for much longer using your own additional resources. *There are no activities included for the included songs, just slides* Many teachers have made this into a playoff bracket as well.
A Spanish Class Black History Month Best Seller with 90+ 5 Star reviews
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ My students have LOVED listening to a wide variety of Spanish songs during BHM. It has not only shown them the diversity in Spanish, but also music. They ask every day if we are going to do the “music bracket.” I also love how the videos are embedded and there is information about each group/artist on the slides. – Kaylee W
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Used these as bell ringers. I think it’s important to make sure they know how diverse Latinos are and this helps – great resource. – Kathy K
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ I used these as bell ringers during Black History Month last year. I plan to use them again this year. My students loved hearing music from around the world and even downloaded some of the suggested songs! We also took it a step further and discussed the songs in novice Spanish. – Ginger I
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Students always love music. This is a great way to include music and some cultural teaching and discussion as well as informing students about BHM and or opening up discussions about social justice and/or oppressed minorities and how/why we can recognize and give voice to those. – Johnna
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ This is SO IMPORTANT to include in your daily classes! Thank you for making this and it sparked some very interesting and uncomfortable conversations. – Tienda de la Srta
ACTFL World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages
- ✅ Interpretive Communication – Interpretive Listening
- ✅ Relating Cultural Practices to Perspectives
- ✅ Relating Cultural Products to Perspectives
- ✅ Acquiring Information and Diverse Perspectives
- ✅ Cultural Comparisons
⭐️ Bundle up for the best deal! ⭐️
Get this resource, plus every other Afro-Latinx music resource in the Afro-Latino Music BUNDLE.
+ here is a free voting form you may be interested in if you make this resource into a music bracket
⭐️ Other resources for Black History Month in Spanish Class
Have difficulty with a file?
- You will find the Google Slideshows links in the PDF download on the instructions page.
- Visit the FAQs section if you need assistance.
- Check out my blog to see how I use these activities in class. read Música miércoles & Black History Month in Spanish class.
- Sign up for my mailing list to get free resources &inspiration delivered to your inbox
- If you prefer, you can get the same Afro-Latinx Music 2024 on TPT.
Copyright © Mis Clases Locas
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.