This first day of Spanish class activity was designed as a communicative back-to-school option to get students talking and moving using Spanish mi verano task cards. It would be great for students who have some Spanish background knowledge such as Spanish 2, Spanish 3, or Spanish 4 to talk about what they did over the summer. It is a great icebreaker for the first week of school.
These mi verano question task cards are a perfect way to review or introduce the past tense (preterite). Even if students have had limited exposure to past tense, all forms needed are provided on the easier version. There is an optional extension to have students write about what their class did as well.
What’s included in these 1st Day of Spanish Conversation Cards?
✅ Five versions of Spanish task cards for Back to School in Spanish class
- ✅ Version 1 – 8 questions per page – more support & includes all I & s/he forms.
- ✅ Version 2 – 8 questions per page without support. (for partner chatting)
- ✅ Version 3 – 4 questions per page with support.
- ✅ Version 4 – 4 questions per page without support. (for small group chatting)
- ✅ Version 5 – 2 questions per page, perfect for posting for student discussion. (post on the board, outside or around the school to chat at a distance!)
- ✅ All versions are in PDF form & printer-friendly with low ink needed.
These mi verano Spanish conversation cards are a great no-prep activity for after summer break. Even if students have had limited exposure to past tense, all forms needed are provided on the easier version. There is an optional extension to have students write about what their class did as well.
These preterite Spanish 1st day of school conversation cards would be great for students who have some Spanish background knowledge such as Spanish 2, Spanish 3, or Spanish 4 to talk about a specific time in the past.
What other teachers are saying about these 1st day of Spanish 3 cards
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ I used these as one station and students were really engaged. – Danielle D
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Great conversation activity. I used it in upper level classes on day 1, just to get back into the swing of speaking. Students had great conversations, and the resource provided the scaffolding/differentiation needed to help students at various levels. – Shelby M
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ My students in level 2 loved this activity and I really appreciated the included ideas for using the materials. – Jennifer P
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ I used this to start the new school year with my level 3 and 4’s. I liked the different options each card had regarding the prompts. – Stacey V
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Great resource to use with my Spanish 3 class to review at the beginning of the school year. They enjoyed the activity! — Hannah S.
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Great time-saving resource. A fun addition to our beginning the school year. Thanks for your hard work.— Sandra R.
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Used these on day one of class and they were a great resource to get the students speaking immediately. — Jennifer W.
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ My students loved “easing” into the school year by having the cards as prompts to discuss their summer! Thank you =) — Nicole B.
ACTFL World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages
✅ Interpersonal Communication – Learners interact and negotiate meaning in spoken conversations to share information, reactions, feelings, and opinions.
Bundle up for the best deal possible
Have difficulty with a file?
- This is a PDF Download.
- Visit the FAQs section for more support
- For more information check out my blog Mis Clases Locas
- Sign up for my mailing list to get free resources and inspiration delivered right to your inbox
Copyright © Mis Clases Locas
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.