How to start Spanish 1 with brand new novice students online or hybrid?! Start your novice Spanish class with DISTANCE LEARNING with an editable Google Slides unit focusing on the present Super 7 high-frequency verbs (es, tiene, le gusta, hay, está, va a, quiere). This editable Google Slideshow can be used to simultaneously instruct in-person and online students and can be easily posted to Google Classroom or your LMS.
This was created as the hybrid/ distance learning sister to This new unit includes pacing options for brand new Spanish students for full distance (a 7-week unit), A/B schedule or week on/week off schedules (both about a 4 week unit). It would also be a great way to start Spanish 2 as a review, with a little faster pacing. (Or for upper levels, You might be interested in the fully distance learning version of this imperfect unit)
This unit includes:
- Multiple possible unit plans w/ up to 7 weeks w/ 15-30 mins of distance learning per day, with both synchronous and asynchronous digital learning options, as well as sample block schedule.
- A 78 page Google slideshow that is fully editable and able to share with students on Google Classroom. (Can break up by verb into smaller slides if you would like)
- 7 slides of vocabulary, each with a separate Quizlet created including both vocab and the questions.
- 7 slides of personalized questions using the high frequency verbs (which could be used in synchronous special person interviews or asynchronous Flipgrid).
- 7 slides of comprehensible story videos with optional extensions
- 7 songs (one for each verb) with embedded videos & extension activity for listening practice (a mix of songs included in the original and 4 new ones).
- 7 comprehensible song intros using the vocabulary for reading practice
- 21 authentic jokes (3 for each verb) for reading practice
- 7 open-ended free writes
- A comprehensible story, story script, mad lib version & extension activity idea
- Extra Quizlets, Blookets, and other online games to review the whole unit with all questions/answers practice & questions/translation practice.
- Overall assessment ideas
This is an editable Google Slideshow.
If you want to see some of what is included, check out the Sample Distance Learning Unit – ser
**If you are using this unit with the special person interviews in person, you might want to use the help sheet and guides notes handouts, and projectable slideshow from (They were not included to keep the cost down since so many of you have the original unit).
**After this unit, I suggest distance learning version of high frequency PRESENT unit 2 – Sweet 16
Spanish class best seller with 55+ 5⭐ reviews
- This is the best thing ever for distance learning! I used it for new learners in level 1 and as a review in level 2. Everything is done for you and easy to use. I love how each day has a new focus, reading, listening, writing, etc. Such a time savor and kids learned so much. I will use it again for next year! – Laura O.
- A perfect resource for hybrid classrooms. I have students at home AND in person, but this allows me to connect with them and them me all the same! – Libby H
- This resource is well organized and easy to use. It worked great for my virtual students with virtually 0 prep on my part. Thank you! – Laura E