I love #langchat for so many reasons. It makes me think, challenges what I am currently doing in my classroom, and most of all give me new ideas and inspiration. A couple of weeks ago the topic was about summative interpersonal assessments. Before #langchat I had made the plan that for each one of my Spanish I-IV classes their final would be composed of the following 3 categories:
- Presentational Writing
- Interpretive Reading/Listening
- Interpersonal Speaking – 1on1 with me – in pairs
- Students worked in pairs to ask and answer questions from my laminated strips in the can of questions. They wrote down questions they did not immediately know the answer to in order to study and practice.
- To practice actually creating the questions, we completed Amy Lenord’s awesome Interpersonal Blitz. This really got students thinking outside the memorized questions, and creating their own original ideas.
- Finally, students practiced in pairs, first writing down their questions if needed, and then just coming up with some on their own.
|My Awesome Student Council on Tacky Sweater Day|
More posts you might be interested in