I mentioned in my 1st week plans that I wanted to create an Instagram photo booth. I though that this would be a fun thing to have set up in the classroom on the first day of school to help break the ice and document the day. I got the idea from a group at freshman orientation on the University of Northern Iowa campus, where I recruit for Camp Adventure. I asked the group where they got their Instagram prop and how much it costs and they told me a local advertising agency designed and made it for them for $90. Well I do not know about you guys, but that would pretty much be my budget for the entire year, let alone just for a fun class prop. So I decided I would try and come up with a cheaper alternative. (It cost me $6 total).
|cutting out the photo booth (missing the bottom buttons)|
- Download this editable document to make it fit any class
- Get it printed poster size
- Cut out the center of both the poster & poster board
- (optional laminate the poster)
- Glue it to cardboard or foam board
- I used hot glue and also made reinforcements on the back with the extra foam board (see photo below)
- Set up in classroom with directions & have fun!
|using hot glue to make side reinforcements|
|Trying out the photo booth|