This Editable Google slide show includes the 22 weekly Spanish-speaking countries culture bell ringers or brain breaks in English for Exploratory Spanish, ESL, ELL, or Latin American Culture classes. The goal of these warm-ups is to expose students to geography and the diverse countries and Spanish culture of the Spanish-speaking world in English. These cultural video slides would be perfect for Hispanic Heritage Month / Latinx Heritage Month / el mes de la herencia hispana / mes de la hispanidad.
What’s Included with Spanish-speaking places English bell ringers
- ✅ 22 Editable Slides Google Exploratory Spanish bell ringers – one for each Spanish-speaking country
- ✅ Each slide has – 2 maps, country, capital, nationality in English, flag, a short video & 3 questions in ENGLISH
- ✅ The English tourism videos are 1-4 minutes each. Most videos are 3 minutes or under for a quick bell ringer or brain break.
- ✅ Class starters for Tuesday (mapa del martes) or any day you pick
- ✅ Spanish culture videos to get students engaged and on task right away. *This version has tourism/travel videos without narration or narration in English
- ✅ Representation of all Spanish-speaking countries
- ✅ ESL /ELL bell ringers that can be differentiated
- ✅ Classroom management routine class starter, or brain break.
- ✅ Authentic Spanish culture resources from the Spanish-speaking world
- ✅ The entire editable Google Slideshow could be shared with students to explore on their own for a couple of days Exploratory Spanish Culture sub-plan
- ✅ Use as a part of my Hispanic Heritage Month 1 song per country (resource available separately), to introduce each country
What is the difference between these slides & other martes del mapa Bell Ringers?
- These Spanish-speaking country video slides were created as a request for teachers who use my martes del mapa video bell ringers but wanted one in English.
- This set is all in English. In particular, the country, capital nationality and questions about the video are all in English
- The tourism videos either have no speaking or a few have some narration or words included that are in English.
- There is some overlap of the same videos used in this resource with the 2024 & 2022 martes del mapa slides, as well as videos unique to this resource. But these slides are fully in English.
What are Para Empezar Spanish Bell Ringers?
- ⭐️ An engaging way to start every class while you take attendance
- ⭐️ A quick 5-minute Spanish bell ringer or brain break as a classroom management routine
- ⭐️ Spanish culture activities that could be expanded using your own additional resources
- ⭐️ Editable Google slides that you could embed into your daily or weekly class slides
- ⭐️ Spanish class routines that could work in in-person, hybrid, or virtual classes
What do teachers say about similar Spanish Culture Bell Ringers in Spanish?
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ I bought this resource so I could add in “mapa martes” to my daily routine slides for the 2022-2023 school year. I tested it out with my travel unit, and the students really enjoyed it. I liked the use of authentic resources and the variety included. Great way to add cultural information as a warm-up or bell-ringer.
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ My students love this resource for bellwork. They look forward to martes de mapa and it is a great way to embed culture on a weekly basis to your Spanish class. – Zoila (11th grade)
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ This is a great way to expose my students to different places in the Spanish-speaking world! Mil gracias 🙂 – Kelli
ACTFL World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages
- ✅ Interpretive Communication
- ✅ Relating Cultural Practices to Perspectives
- ✅ Relating Cultural Products to Perspectives
- ✅ Acquiring Information and Diverse Perspectives
- ✅ Cultural Comparisons
⭐️ Bundle up for the best deal & get Spanish Bell Ringers for a year Para Empezar 2024 ⭐️
⭐️ Spanish Class Routines with Spanish-speaking countries
Similar resources, but all in Spanish.
Have difficulty with a file?
- See how I use these activities in class. travel videos blog post + Para Empezar
- Watch this youtube video to learn more about using travel videos in Spanish class.
- Sign up for my mailing list to get resources & inspiration delivered to your inbox
Copyright © Mis Clases Locas
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.