Learn about The Day of the Dead or Día de Muertos in Spanish class while staying in Spanish. This Spanish Día de muertos Activity Bundle could be differentiated for Spanish 1, Spanish 2, Spanish 3, or Exploratory Spanish to learn about this Mexican celebration of The Day of the Dead. This would be a great Spanish culture unit for Middle School Spanish or Spanish 1 to learn about The Day of the Dead while staying in Spanish.
What’s Included in this Spanish Class Day of the Dead Bundle?
- ✅ Engaging Día de Muertos Activities for Spanish 1, Spanish 2 & Spanish 3
- ✅ Editable Google Class Starters for 3 Weeks – Para Empezar – Day of the Dead
- ✅ Speaking/Writing Activity – Find Someone Who – Day of the Dead
- ✅ Reading Activity – Mexico & Day of the Dead Reading
- ✅ 2 Film Guides – Coco Movie Guide & Book of Life Movie Guide.
What order would I suggest for novice Spanish 1 to introduce DDLM?
- ⭐ Novice reading introducing Mexico and the Day of the Dead in Spanish
- ⭐ Pick 1 of the 2 Día de Muertos movie guides – either Coco & El Libro de Vida.
- ⭐ Novice Find Someone Who interpersonal speaking/writing activity
What order would I suggest for Spanish 2+ to dig deeper into Day of the Dead?
- ⭐ Use Editable Google Para Empezar Class Starters to introduce The Day of the Dead (either intro a little each day for 3 weeks or as a couple of day review)
- ⭐ Pick the other Día de Muertos movie guide – either Coco & El Libro de Vida.
- ⭐ Find Someone Who interpersonal speaking/writing activity about Día de Muertos – advanced versions
**This is not a complete and sequential unit, but rather together it contains materials that could fill 7-8 45-minute class periods.
5-star reviews from Spanish teachers for Spanish Class Day of the Dead Bundle
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ This was great for introducing DOD to my students. I have tons of DOD materials, but this is one of my favorites. – Meg B
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Love this! Great variety to give good differentiated instruction. Visual appeal, music, nice reading. So very much to enjoy! I want to be in high school to do this in class! – Mary Z
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I used the Find Someone Who for my face to face learners and the Cultural Reading for my remote learners. Both were GREAT! If I had more time I would have used all the resources in this bundle because they are truly fantastic! Gracias! – Christina C
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ My students enjoyed learning about Día de Los Muertos. I loved that I didn’t have to make my own assignment. – Sherry (grades 10-11)
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ This resource is great to use for a month and has so many activities to do relating to dia de los muertos y halloween. – 8th & 9th grade Spanish teacher
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ These are creative materials to use in your lead up to Día de Muertos. I use as brain breaks instead of Campanadas. – Erin A
ACTFL World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages
- ✅ Interpersonal Communication
- ✅ Presentational Communication
- ✅ Interpretive Communication
- ✅ Relating Cultural Practices to Perspectives
- ✅ Relating Cultural Products to Perspectives
- ✅ Acquiring Information and Diverse Perspectives
- ✅ Cultural Comparisons
⭐Get this Day of the Dead Bundle for the best deal on all of my Día de Muertos resources all together including Find Someone Who – Day of the Dead, Para Empezar – Day of the Dead, Mexico & Day of the Dead Reading, Coco Movie Guide & Book of Life Movie Guide.
Have difficulty with a file?
- The PDF downloads require an updated PDF reader. If the resource includes Google resources, you will find a link in each instructions page.
- Visit the FAQs section if you have questions.
- Check out my blog to see how I use these activities in class.Day of the Dead
- Sign up for my mailing list to get a Coco freebie + resources & inspiration delivered to your inbox
Copyright © Mis Clases Locas
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.